IANM Student Scholarship
- A $500.00 IANM scholarship will be awarded to a current student at a CCE-approved chiropractic academic institution.
- One additional $1,000.00 University of Bridgeport School of Chiropractic scholarship awarded to the recipient of the IANM Student Scholarship.
- The total IANM Student Scholarship award is worth $1,500.00 for one student club member per academic institution totaling 50 hours of required education for board certification through the International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine.
- The student must begin Diplomate classes no later than one year from receiving the scholarship, or the full scholarship will be revoked.
- University and college students may begin the NMSM board certification program while continuing their education for the basic doctor of chiropractic degree. There is a two-year requirement post-graduation before eligibility to sit the examination.
American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists
American Chiropractic Association’s Council on Chiropractic Orthopedics
Dr. Ronald C. and Linda K. Evans Graduate Chiropractic Orthopedics Scholarship
Maximum Amount: $1,000
The Dr. Ronald C. and Linda K. Evans Graduate Chiropractic Orthopedics Scholarship was established in honor of Dr. and Mrs. Evans by the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists, honoring them at an orthopedics Coalition in 2015 and, at the same time, contributed generously toward the establishment of this scholarship.
Dr. and Mrs. Evans intend the scholarship to assist advanced learners who aspire to attend graduate chiropractic orthopedics or neuromusculoskeletal medicine instruction and recognize students who demonstrate excellence in character and academic achievement.
Dr. Ronald and Linda Evans have been partners and builders of their community for nearly six decades. Dr. Evans is a Doctor of Chiropractic and a 1976 graduate of Northwestern University of Health Sciences and Chaired its Chiropractic Orthopedics Residency Program from 1980 to 1984. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists (DABCO) and Examiner Emeritus of that Board. He is a Diplomate of the International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (DIANM).
Dr. Evans received the Chiropractic Orthopedist of the Year Award (1984) and the Distinguished Service Award (1994) from the American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists, receiving the ACCO Distinguished Service Award again for 2001-2002. The Council on Chiropractic Orthopedics recognized Dr. Evans for Lifetime Achievement in 1992, and he received the President’s Citation for Distinguished Service by the American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists in 1991. Dr. Evans received the Distinguished Service Award from the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists in March 2003 and 2015.
The amount of the scholarship is USD 1000 for a single scholarship award per annum. The following requirements apply:
1.) Since the Academy is now an international entity, the graduate training program must be accepted by the International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine.
2.) The monies must be used for the tuition or textbook materials associated with an IANM accredited post-graduate program, leading to candidacy for examination by the International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine. Further, the recipient may use the scholarship money for IANM examination fees.
3.) Beyond academic success and institutional recommendation, the scholarship awarded each year is predicated on the acceptability of a scholarly written case study about neuromusculoskeletal medicine issues, exemplifying specialist acumen in diagnosis and treatment. The acceptability of the case study depends upon editorial review by the Journal of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedics or other suitable professional specialty journals. The case study should contribute to the advancement of the specialty.
4.) The IANM will review all applicants for the scholarship, selecting the top three. Dr. Evans or his appointee will review the finalists. A single applicant from the finalists will receive the scholarship.
Application available here: Dr. Ronald C. and Linda K. Evans Graduate Chiropractic Orthopedics Scholarship