About The Academy
Members of the Academy are designated as Fellows of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists (FACO). Academy membership is comprised of specialty board certified chiropractic orthopedists and neuromusculoskeletal credentialed specialists. These are doctors of chiropractic who have completed extensive post-doctoral or graduate level education in non-surgical orthopedics, biomechanical, and neuromusculoskeletal medicine, and have passed a specialty board certification examination to become board certified chiropractic orthopedists (Diplomate). The Academy is independent of all chiropractic political and trade organizations. No other chiropractic organization membership is necessary for membership in the Academy.
The Mission of the Academy is to provide, through a membership organization for board certified chiropractic orthopedists and neuromusculoskeletal specialists, a venue for the exchange of clinical information, promote continuing education in chiropractic orthopedics and neuromusculoskeletal medicine and publish in a peer-reviewed and an indexed journal “The Journal of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists“ (JACO). The Academy provides a specialty board certification process(es) and maintains specialty credentials through maintenance of credentials and a competency program in chiropractic orthopedics.
The Academy presents an initial specialty board certification examination and a re-certification process for the specialty. The Academy maintains a yearly mandatory re-certification process available for Fellows of the Academy.
The Academy has sponsored the Congress of Diplomates at the annual American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists convention. Congress is for the presentation of papers and case studies.
- President – Kim A. Skibsted DC, FIANM(us)
- Vice President – B. Timothy Harcourt DC, FACO
- Secretary – Paul Lombardi DC, FACO
- Treasurer – Michael Ingui DC, MAS, FIANM(us)
- Professional Board Member – Jaroslaw (Jerry) Grod DC
- Public Member – Kathy Beauchamp BS. CPM
- Associate Board Member – Roger Russell DC, MS, FACO
- Associate Board Member – William Lawson DC, FIANM(us)
- Associate Board Member – Steven Sebers DC, FACO
- Executive Director – James R. Brandt DC, MS, FIANM(us)
- Comptroller – Jerrold R. Wildenauer DC, FACO